Around the World in 80 Days? Nah mate, we can do it in GIFs, and we only need 18 of them.
1) On the 11th May, the first peacetime Coalition in almost 150 years was formed between the Conservative Party and the Liberal Democrats
4) The Lib Dems backtrack on their promise to scrap tuition fees, with almost half instead voting to triple them
6) The murder of Mark Duggan by police sparks three days of looting, rioting, and civil unrest across the nation
7) The “Omnishambles” Budget happens, including masses of protests against a new “Pasty Tax”
8) Cameron then promises an In-Out Referendum on the European Union
9) Lib Dem MP Lynne Featherstone introduces legislation to legalise gay marriage, which passes
10) The Union is preserved in the face of Scottish independence
11) Cameron and Clegg are battered by Scottish National Party Leader Nicola Sturgeon in the televised Leaders’ Debates
12) Cameron wins a majority of 330 seats in the House of Commons, forming the first only Conservative Government for almost 20 years, and battering the Labour Party and the Lib Dems
15) Former Coalition partner the Lib Dems elect anti-Coalition MP Tim Farron as Leader
14) Jeremy Corbyn is then elected Leader of the Labour Party
15) Cameron introduces legislation to have a referendum on the European Union
17) Politics in the UK then becomes “We hate Tories” alternating with “We hate the EU”, despite the country indicating not being strongly in favour of either statement
See? Politics isn’t so complicated!