1. We all love the airbrushed and flawless full coverage look that Estee Lauder Double Wear gives us. Although carrying a hefty price tag of £30 a bottle, you have probably found yourself searching for an alternative. Well, you may want to try no7 “stay perfect” for everyday use. At less than half the price (£14.50 at Boots) it’s perfect for long days at Uni. Rated 4/5 stars by Boots customers online and with 17 true-to-skin shades available, save your double wear for the weekend and give stay perfect a go.
2. I know I’m not the only girl who loves to have glowing highlighter illuminating my cheek bones in the middle of winter. Mac mineralise skin finish is perfect for long weekend nights out but can be expensive for everyday use at £24. Although worth the money in my own opinion, which is reflected in the reviews on the Mac website where the product is rated 5/5, you can get the same look for less if you swap this product for Revolution vivid baked highlighter. Available at Superdrug for just £3, it can look almost identical if applied with a good brush. I find that Mac’s “lightscaped” is most similar to Revolution’s “peach lights”.
3. We all get frustrated when our flicks aren’t on fleek, it’s normal… isn’t it?! For years I have spent probably hundreds on liquid eyeliners trying to perfect this look. There are many (expensive!) products on the market that will do the job such as Illamasqua gel liner, which can be difficult to apply as it only comes in a tub. In pure frustration I bought Miss Sporty “pump up boost” waterproof liquid eyeliner about 4 years ago and have never looked back. Rated 4/5 by Boots customers and priced at £2.79 in both Boots and Superdrug it’s perfect for everyday use. It has a perfect paintbrush type application brush which will get those flicks on fleek every time!
4. I love my Illamasqua sheer lip gloss which is long lasting and feels absolutely amazing! But, at £17.50 it gets stored away in my “occasions only make up bag”. I have found an ideal replacement of this to be Bourjois 3d effect lip gloss priced at £8.25 in most outlets. Although, sometimes is available on 3 for 2 at Boots which means you can get three different shades for the price of one Illamasqua lip sheer.
Another “lip tip”… Pair the 3d effect lip gloss with Boots own range “natural collection” lip liner. At just £1.99 (currently on promotion for £1) it does the same job as the expensive brands on the market.
5. It’s 2016! Everyone needs their eyebrow game to be the strongest it has ever been. There are so many products available to perfect your brows it’s easy to get lost finding what best suits you. From Anastasia Beverley Hills priced at £15 and available only online, Illamasqua brow cake at £17.50 and Benefit Browzings at £24.50. Personally, over the years I have used all these products (illamasqua brow cake still has a place in my occasion’s only make-up bag). But on a daily basis for Uni, I can’t recommend Sleek blow kit enough. It comes with two applicators and a pair of tweezers which make the application easy. Priced at £8.49 and rated 4.5/5 by Boots customers, it keeps my brow game strong every day.
Extra tip* – buy a long angled eyeshadow brush for a perfect application every time.