Let’s celebrate Great British Bake Off by making our own Elizabethan Naughty Cake! Give this a go as its simple yet tastes delicious!
ELIZABETHAN NAUGHTY CAKE
- Butter – 85 Grams
- Honey – 3 Tablespoons
- Glace Cherries (Quartered) – 55 grams
- Dried Fruit (Raisins and Sultanas) – 110 grams
- Mixed Nuts (Chopped) – 85 grams
- Smashed Digestive Biscuits – 110 grams
- Cinnamon – 1 Teaspoon
- Heat the butter and honey together in a pan, stirring constantly, until the butter melts then leave to cool.
- Once cooled, add all the other ingredients into the bowl and mix together’
- Spoon into a buttered 7 inch cake tin and leave to set, once set then serve with plenty of whipped cream.
What are you going to be baking for Tudor Week? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay Tuned next week for more bake off inspired recipes!