By Emma Rosemurgey – Lifestyle Reporter
Struggling to keep on top of your cosmetic collection whist trying to survive on a student loan? Hallelujah! At last the season is upon on when every family member is desperate to know what we would like Santa to bring us this year. Christmas is the perfect time of year to top up our collection without taking a huge dent out of our weekly budgets. Here are the top cosmetic products that you might want to find under the tree on December 25th.
- Mac’s Matte Lipstick Range: The newest addition to Mac’s extensive lip collection comes the matte lipstick range. According to Mac, the iconic ‘matte lip’ is here to stay. The lipsticks range from a deep burgundy shade ‘Fashion Revival’ to the softer ‘Nouvelle Vogue’. Priced at £15.50 per lipstick, this collection can be found at www.maccosmetics.co.uk however is selling out FAST.
- Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Foundation: The latest foundation to take the nation by storm, Double Wear has received praise from customers far and wide for its long lasting technology combined with its medium/buildable coverage. Double wear is priced at an eye-watering £29.50 per 30ml bottle and can be found at www.esteelauder.co.uk, however the 600 plus reviews that rate the product 5* would suggest that it is an investment worth making.
- Real Techniques Nic’s Picks Make-up Brush Set: The newest collection from the Real Technique pair, Sam and Nic. The set of 5 brushes is limited edition, and comes in a silver metallic design, with three exclusive brush cuts that cannot be purchased with other sets. This includes a due-fibre face brush, a cheek brush, an angled shadow brush, a base shadow brush and an eye-liner brush. This set is soon to be stocked in limited Boots stores and will be priced at £29.99.
- Urban Decay – Naked Flushed: Almost everyone in the English speaking world has heard of the naked collection, however for most people, it is their infamous eye palette that comes to mind. This set however, is the newest of the Naked collection from Urban Decay and consists of silky bronzer, highlighter and blush. The kit is advertised to have a feather light feel, and reviews have said it is perfect for giving light coverage with a glow. Naked Flushed can be found on www.urbandecay.co.uk and is priced at £22, making it one of the cheaper options from the Naked collection.
- Nip and Fab – Dragon’s Blood Fix Kit: Every cosmetic collection needs some form is skin care regime to protect our skin from the rigorous process we put it through each morning. Nip and Fab’s ‘Dragon’s blood fix kit’ is thankfully not as scary as it sounds. The kit consists of a gel face mask, designed to give intense hydration to the skin, pads to clean out the pours and a lightweight serum. The set is sold together on www.nipandfab.com and is priced at £34.45 which is not so bad given the increasing list of celebs that are promoting them.
I sincerely hope that Santa fulfills all your cosmetic wishes this Christmas.