So we’re starting to do weekly recipes, from vegan to red meat recipes. We want to create recipes that everyone will like but if you have any we would love to hear them and showcase them!
We want to know what the students of UCLan are eating, whether its the simplest dish of noodles and chargrilled chicken or a beef wellington from scratch.
The first instalment of Thursday Recipes is about a recipe which I love from the Gok Cooks Chinese cookbook, it’s the Garlic Chicken recipe however I have adapted this, so heres my version.
2 tablespoons of flour
salt and ground pepper
4 chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces / chunks
coconut oil, to fry
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
3 spring onions, cut into batons
1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
pinch of sugar
- put the flour into a shallow bowl, season generously with salt and pepper.
- dust the chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off excess. Set aside.
- heat a wok over a high heat and add the oil.
- once hot, add the chicken pieces and shallow fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden and slightly crispy.
- remove from the wok, drain on kitchen towel, set aside, clean out the wok.
- add a dash of oil to the clean wok and heat over a high heat.
- add the garlic and spring onions and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- add the soy sauce, sugar and a pinch of pepper.
- heat through, adjusting the seasoning as necessary.
- put the chicken back into the pan, stir into the sauce.
- taste, adding more soy or seasoning if needed.
We hope you like this recipe, and if you have any ideas let us know @PulseMediaUCLan