- 225g plain flour
- 100g butter, diced
- A pinch of salt
- Drop of water
- Tin of apples
- Pre-heat oven to 200 electric or 6-7 gas.
- Rub the butter into the flour and salt till it forms crumbs.
- Add water a little at a time until it forms a pastry dough and you can roll it out.
- Put flour on the work top and the rolling pin so it doesn’t stick, and then split into two halves before rolling out.
- Roll to the size of your over proof dish/tin and place in dish/tin.
- Drain the tinned apples before adding to the pie with a sprinkle of sugar.
- Cover the pie with the rest of the pastry and place in the over for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.