By Abigail Law – Reporter
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dries yeast
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of Tomatoes, crushed
- Combine the dry dough ingredients, add in the oil and slowly start to add the water, working it in until the dough is soft and slightly sticky.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth- Takes around 10 minutes.
- Return to a oiled bowl, turning to cover the whole dough in oil.
- Cover and leave to double in size.
- Punch down the dough once doubled, then tip in onto a oiled tray.
- Press and shape into a rough square, press dimples into your dough and cover with the crushed tomatoes and garlic
- Allow to rise for another 20 minutes.and heat the oven to 220°c
- Drizzle with the topping oil, bake for 10 minutes then reduce the temperature to 190°c and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes and eat warm