In the honour of the Great British Bake Off coming back to our TV screens Pluto will be a different recipe each week inspired by the show itself. This week we bring you a simple chocolatey cheesecake.
By Irene Flack – Reporter
- Half a small packet of digestive biscuits
- Small tub of whipping cream (eg Elmlea 284ml)
- 1 or 2 Tubs of Chocolate Philadelphia cheese (depending how chocolatey you want it)
- 75g Butter or marge (NOT low-fat)
- Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin, bash with a big book or whatever you have! Pour the crumbs into a bowl.
- Melt the butter gently over a low light then pour into the crumbs and mix well.
- Spread over the bottom of a dish (about 7” in size) then chill for about half an hour.
- Pour the cream into a bowl and whisk until a thick ice-cream type consistency. It helps to have a proper hand whisk – you can buy them quite cheaply at Wilko etc. If not, a fork can be used.
- When the cream is whipped, put the cheese into another bowl and start mixing in the cream a bit at a time.
- When it looks nicely mixed (you might not need all the cream), taste to see if it needs a bit of sugar adding (icing sugar is best but you can use any sort) Spread over the base and chill again.
- Add some drained mandarin orange segments in if you like, but make sure there’s no juice or it will go runny.
- Decorate with chocolate flake, buttons, or anything you fancy.